Monday, August 16, 2010

Tour?

A friend of mine booked a tour. They were still casting, so she forwarded my headshot and resume to the director.

Turns out I booked the damn thing without opening my mouth to audition.

While this is all well and good, the first rehearsal was...interesting...to say the least. It was the second rehearsal overall, but my first.

I was handed a lyric sheet and was told to learn the music as it was played. OK, a bit disorganized, but I'll go with it.

Oh, and I should probably point out that I was one of five people at the rehearsal. They're looking for a cast of 30.

I learned the music (yay for picking it up quickly!) and sang it by myself. Then we all sang it together. It was sounding better, and considering that there was absolutely no music.

This is what we did for an hour and a half.

Jury's out if I really want to do this...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Type your comments here