Thursday, September 30, 2010

Idiots of America

It is an integral part of the growing process as an actor to see live theater and to have the full theatrical experience.

Tonight, I am fulfilling my duties and will be seeing American Idiot on Broadway.

But why, Deb, are you seeing the show again after seeing it in early July?

The reason?

Billie Joe Armstrong from Green Day is playing the role of St. Jimmy until Sunday.

Also, I'm mildly phobic of seeing Green Day in concert. I'm tiny at exactly 5 feet tall and those Green Day fans certainly like to mosh. To say that it would be unsafe for me to attend is an understatement. Tonight is likely the closest I will ever get to seeing the band in concert.

A full review of the show will be posted on the way home tonight. Since I already know what to expect, I'm looking forward to a new take on St Jimmy and to figuring out how they did all the set and prop changes when I wasn't looking.
Cross your fingers that I can snag Billie Joe's autograph after the show. I'm armed with a sharpie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Type your comments here