Thursday, November 11, 2010

It was... a day...

I had 2 auditions last Friday.

The first was for a musical called Dollface.

I arrived, got changed, and made small talk with the other actors.

Then, I found a proverbial unicorn.

There was a very cute, male actor waiting to audition. Why is he a unicorn?

Because he was straight! AND nice.

And engaged, as I found out.

Regardless...

The audition went...ok... I cracked on Oh What A Night by Frankie Valli and got cut off on Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow.

However, they liked my dress and my eyes.

Then I took a subway back uptown to audition for a film that has evidently been commissioned by Sundance for 2012.

The audition went pretty well, although it was a bit odd. The casting directors weren't there, but the two lead actors were. It really felt like a student film audition to be completely honest.

They said that if there was to be a callback I'd hear from them next week.

Very strange.

Then I made it to my voice lesson on time. It was a good day. While exhausting, it was a step in the right direction. At least I got out there and auditioned. It might not have been the best auditions, but I did it. I'll work on quality of the auditions for the next round. Right now I'm very content in knowing that I budgeted my time wisely and made it to every obligation.

And so the hunt for the next acting gig continues...

2 comments:

  1. Darn that unicorn! And I guess they didn't call u the next day, eh? That's too bad. But it's like u said, each one that doesn't result in a gig is a step closer to one that does and an opportunity to learn how to keep getting better. You can do it! I have faith in you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Stay tuned- you never know what will happen around here... :)

    ReplyDelete

Type your comments here