Thursday, March 12, 2009

Foot Fetish?

It was a pleasant surprise to see that I had an email from an agency who received my headshot and resume for foot modeling and wanted to meet in person. Finally, a break!

I have an appointment (hopefully) on Tuesday, March 17.

Happy St. Patty's Day for me!

Also, I received an invite to meet with a casting director for a personal meeting. I've worked with her company in the past (Z-Rock, anyone?) and have loved every single shoot. They seem to like me over there and since she does commercial casting, I figure that I should take this meeting. I know that all I need is 5 minutes with her and she'll see that I'm a funny gal who can sell almost anything. Commercials will be a good way to break out of doing work as an extra.

Speaking of breaking out of extra work, I plan on picking the mind of one of my actor friends to find out how he made the move. I don't know if it's because I'm non-union and agentless that I can't find anything or if it's because I'm not looking in the right place. Lots of factors. Once I have a list of questions, I'll see if I can track him down (he's BUSY!) to get a better idea of how to go about this crazy industry.

I will also talk to another contact I have about getting into SAG. I have direct access but lack the guts to hand over my headshot and resume...

It's a work in progress...

Oh, and my boss said that she was proud of me for working so hard and juggling a full time job with acting. She knows it's not easy and she really seemed excited about this meeting on Tuesday when I told her... Yay for support!

More to follow when I have specifics.

Maybe St. Patty's Day will be lucky afterall!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Type your comments here