Sunday, March 15, 2009

Time Change

Time for a real update.

Tuesday is going to be insane and I'm very excited about it!

I have an audition for a play called Sophistry. It will run on Broadway (!!!) from April 20-June 7. I've picked up the play by Jonathan Marc Sherman the other day and did a close read this morning.

The role I would want is that of Robin Smith. Robin, according to the casting breakdown, is as follows:

Robin Smith: Woman, early 20's. Midwestern. Very pretty, personable. Vulnerable, compassionate but a quiet and resolute strength. Honors student/crusading student journalist/calss valedictorian. Trained as a dancer when younger. Goes out with Ex, but has strong friendship with Igor. Emotionally and intellectually mature for her age. Played in 1993 by Calista Flockhart.

Another character possibility is that of Debbie. Here's her breakdown:

Debbie: Early 20's. Pretty. Strong character, determined, intelligent, ambitious, sexy. Something of a flirt. Less mature than Robin. Played in 1993 by Nadia Dajani.


Along with this audition on Tuesday, I have appointments with 2 agencies.

The first is for Barbizon (hit or miss from what I hear) for foot modeling. Yes, that's right- foot modeling. They're specifically looking for size 6, which is me. We'll see what comes of this. Worst case scenario is that nothing comes of it and that it was an adventure. However, if it all works out and seems legit, then this could be another avenue for me to pursue.

The foot appointment is at 3:15. I had it wrong on my previous post.

The next appointment I have is with a commercial agent. I've done projects with her previously, so I'm hoping that they'll officially take me on as a client. Keep your fingers crossed! That one is at 4:30 and is 2 blocks from my foot thing.

The evening of the 17th, I'll be meeting a friend to see Billy Elliot on Broadway. I know one of the children in the cast, so we'll meet after the show to say hello.

After that, I'll go home and fall asleep. It will be a long, but very rewarding day.

I'll post again closer to the big audition on Friday.

2 comments:

  1. HOW'D THE SOPHISTRY AUDITION GO? IT WAS PACKED AT EQUITY. .WERE YOU ABLE TO GET AN APPOINTMENT TO BE SEEN?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sophistry was a complete zoo. Everybody showed up and they ran out of time slots. It was crazy.

    ReplyDelete

Type your comments here