Friday, September 2, 2011

Demons

A post drafted a month ago:

Things are rockin' and rollin' over here!
Yesterday was very, very productive. I had a voice lesson, applied for a few print jobs, and got a non-Equity audition time slot for NYMF- the NY Musical Theater Festival. All of this, mind you, was done on my phone in the middle of New York City.
The NYMF audition is on Tuesday. Christy helped me pick out and work on an audition piece. We chose All The Men In My Life from the show Evil Dead: The Musical.
You guys, I am SO EXCITED!
In listening back to the recording of my lesson, there's a discernable difference in my voice. I'm sounding more contemporary and more poppy. Singing is fun again. I can't wait to get out there on Tuesday and knock 'em dead!
With all good, unfortunately, comes some bad. I had to let Rae, my first teacher, go after working together on and off for 10 years. It was really hard to do, but in my heart of hearts I know I made the correct decision.
That said, I am finally, FINALLY making peace with my body. It is a huge victory for me. I've been on a very restrictive diet for a few weeks and the changes in my body are unbelievable. I feel better when I eat the right foods. My stomach has all but flattened out and I'm really digging how awesome my legs look. I've been doing cardio like it's going out of style- running, yoga, and dance classes with a possibility of Zumba in there as well. I'm feeling strong, fit, and motivated. While I know that I probably have another 10 lbs to go to be 'Hollywood thin,' feeling good about what's looking back at me in the mirror is enough of a victory for me.
Time to get going on the day. Lots to do today- kiddies from 10:30-4.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Type your comments here