Sunday, September 20, 2009


The cast of Happy Hour at the 45th Street Theatre.
It's been nearly 6 months since I've posted anything here, and I feel rather guilty about it. Here's a quick recap...
Happy Hour opened and closed. I nearly got fired from work for my crazy schedule, but it was worth it. If you're wondering which one is me in the picture, I'm the one in the front of the blue guy's left shoulder, grabbing her boobs. It was so much fun.
It took me a while to audition or submit myself for anything else due to various personal reasons.
I started resubmitting myself for a number of things recently. I tried a few print ads, Law and Order: SVU, regular L&O, CSI: NY... Nothing is catching right now.
Last week I attended my first theater audition in nearly 6 months. It went well.
It was for the National Yiddish Theater, and the most educational audition I've ever had. I learned that "I've Gotta Crow" is a really fun audition song regardless of whether I remember the lyrics to the second verse, and "Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes" in Yiddish is rather tricky.
For those wondering, it's Kop, Oxlyn, Kuhnee, un Fis. Kuhnee un Fis. Kop, Oxlyn, Kuhnee, un Fis. Kuhnee un Fix. Oygn, (undistinguishable Yiddish for ears), Nos un Moyl. Kop, Oxlyn, Kuhnee un Fis. Kuhnee un Fis!
Entertaining as always.
I'll be looking for new auditions for Thursday this coming week. If I look today, it'll give me a lot of time to prepare...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Type your comments here