Sunday, February 8, 2009

StrawHat amongst other things

There's been a little bit of excitement over here.

I have booked another appearance on the IFC TV show "Z-Rock." This time I will be an ice skater. I haven't worked since November (holiday retail did wonders for the acting career) and this will be a fun shoot. It will also be my third time on this show.

I have also been preparing as best I can for the StrawHat Auditions. In late March, I will be at a national audition for summer stock work. My choice for a song is "I've Gotta Crow" from Peter Pan. There's also a monologue I've been looking at. It's from Steve Martin's "Patter For The Floating Lady." For those familiar with it, it's the tennis shoe monologue. While I've looked at this piece before, it is now time to work on it in earnst.

To prepare for these auditions, I have also started taking voice lessons again. They have gone well so far and I can only look forward to more progress. I will see about setting up another appointment for this week.

I will take my first ballet class in over 6 months tomorrow evening. Sore muscles are sure to follow... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Type your comments here