Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Z-Rock

Friday the 13th was actually a pretty great day.

It started out by missing the bus from the center of town. However, I caught another bus from a neighboring town and got in 10 minutes earlier than originally planned.

Oh, and if you're going to race a bus to the busstop, I highly reccomend driving a Nissan Sentra. Just sayin'... :)

I got in and to location at Pier 17 in Chelsea by 8:15. It was GORGEOUS! Holy cow!

It turns out that the ice rink that is set up is over the water and outdoors. Talk about a stroke of luck! It was so beautiful out- delightfully above freezing (at least 40!) with a warm breeze and bright sun. It was lovely.

There were only 8 other extras there on location. Three were 15 year old hockey players. The rest of us were over 18. I am proud to report that I was not asked if I had a parent with me. I finally passed for a real adult.

It's all about the little victories.

The shoot was wonderful. Call time was at 9 and we were on the ice at Chelsea Piers from 10-2. Then we were done. DONE! 5 hours total- 4 actually working. What a breeze!

The other extras were absolutely wonderful. We all got along and tried to do spins between takes. The crew, as always, was fantastic. This was my third time on Z-Rock and it was by far the best shoot. What a difference between the first and second season!

In other news, Confessions of a Shopaholic opened over the weekend. It opened in 4th place, which is slightly disappointing. Another minor disappointment was that I didn't really make the final cut. What can you do... My brilliant sample sale shopping ended up on the cutting room floor. That's Hollywood for you... :)

I also started taking ballet lessons again. I'm in far worse shape than I originally thought.

On a happier note, my voice lessons are going swimmingly. I'm finally feeling confident in my voice, which is a great change. My next lesson is on Friday. More details to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Type your comments here